Sometimes when creating a plan in a mind map it can grow quite fast and get a bit complex. In MindMeister you can quickly turn a large subtopic, with lots of ideas, into its own mind map. You can automatically generate a link to the new map and a back link to the original. The original map is then used as an overview of topics for the plan.
The example below shows how an annual marketing plan can be organized into multiple mind maps.
- Create the mind map ‘Marketing Plan 2013′
- Add all your sub topics i.e. content plan, business development, marketing ideas, marketing budget etc.
- Right clicking on a subtopic and under tools select ‘create as map’ -> this will prompt you to create a link to the map and a link back to the original mind map. (see screenshot on right)
- Repeat for each subtopic.
This public mind map can be cloned to your account to be used as a template.
- Marketing plan
- Business plan
- Lecture course
- Class planning
- Advertising plan
- Company structure by department
- Organizing study notes by course