Create your own awesome maps

Even on the go

with our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android

Get Started

Already have an account?
Log In

Teleconferences & Resources (Medical Education in a Digital Age) by Mind Map: Teleconferences & Resources
(Medical Education in a Digital
Age)
0.0 stars - 0 reviews range from 0 to 5

Teleconferences & Resources (Medical Education in a Digital Age)

How to navigate these maps .pdf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/290753/2minute_intro_navigating_grant_as_mindmap.pdf

Project Snapshot

https://www.mindmeister.com/198971466

2012 Meetings

October 10th (Wed)

Research Team Attendees (in yellow), Anna Macleod Principal Investigator, anna.macleod@dal.ca, skype: annamacleod, Fiona Bergin, fiona.bergin@dal.ca, skype:, Alexia Brown, palexiad@dal.ca, skype: peggyaab, Shelley Doucet, sdoucet@unb.ca, skype:, Tara Fenwick, tara.fenwick@stir.ac.uk, skype: tarafenwickstirling, Cathy Fournier Research Assistant, cathy.fournier@dal.ca, skype: cathyfournier4, Blye Frank, dean.educ@ubc.ca, skype: deaneduc, Philip Girvan, girvanphilip@gmail.com, skype: philip.girvan, Olga Kits Research Manager, olga.kits@gmail.com, skype: olgakits, Karen Mann, karen.mann@dal.ca, skype: kvmann286, Marie Matte, marie.matte@dal.ca, skype:, Grace Paterson, gpaterso@dal.ca, skype:, Gregory Power, gregory.power@dal.ca, skype: gregory_power, Joan Sargeant, joan.sargeant@dal.ca, skype: joan.sargeant, Preston Smith, preston.smith@dal.ca, skype:, Jonathan Tummons, j.tummons@tees.ac.uk, skype: jtummons, Emma Whelan, emma.whelan@dal.ca, skype: e.whelan, Keith Wilson, wilson@healthnet.ca, skype: healthnet.canada

Agenda, Brief notes on Meeting, Anna welcomed everyone to the call and the start of the SSHRC Grant, Anna provided an overview of the grant by guiding the group through the Snapshot., Grant basics (who is who, timeframe, documents, etc) Goals & Objectives & Deliverables Developing in the field-resources (theoretical & methodological considerations) Data Collection phase Scholarship/Authorship guidelines, *Tara suggested that there may be some opportunities to change some of the basic research questions before we move to data collection. *Anna is open to modifications. *Both Tara and Jonathan will provide educational sessions on ANT & IE to help re(shape) current research questions, and how data will be collected and analysed by the research group. *These sessions will also help develop tools for data collection. *Tara will present on Wed November 14th @ 10 AM AST. Everyone to read ANT homework and develop some questions before the session. *Jonathan presentation TBD. He will provide a session in light of Tara's presentation and needs of research group., Data collection phases: *Tara suggested that blogs and twitter feeds are widely available and could form another source for textual analysis *Keith mention that some of the NB medical students are sharing documents through Google docs and some form their own private Facebook page. *Tara wondered whether there could be potential collaboration with the learning resource centre (simulation and videos) *Olga suggested to have some focus groups and fewer interviews to mimic the group dynamic that students and faculty and staff experience., Anna touched upon the ICMJE scholarship/authorship/ contributor guidelines which will be applied to this grant. Please read these guidelines to avoid potential issues., To listen to the entire 50 minute Meeting, please go to the audio recording node, Next meeting: November 14th 10 AM AST

Audio recording, Audio Recording of Oct 10 Meeting (50 min; quality cuts in and out). Click on arrow which takes you to next page where recording should start automatically within your browser., If you like an mp3 for download, please contact olga.kits@gmail.com

Recording of Tara Fenwick ANT meeting/Seminar (Nov 14, 2012): http://tinyurl.com/cjcma7r

Recording of Jonathan Tummons on ANT/IE & medical education in a digital world (Dec 19, 2012) http://tinyurl.com/aavyffy

Jonathan Tummons presenting on "IE, ANT & Medical Education in a Digital Age"

2013 Meetings

March 14th 2013 Meeting - Brief Notes

General update: Anna provided a general update on the progress made so far by core team. *Negotiating access to the field (medical school). The research project is on the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee agenda for approval *Core team is currently designing, developing and testing observation and textual research instruments *Core team will travel to Dalhousie Medicine NB to meet with Keith Wilson and develop data collection plan. *Future training sessions will be provided for those participating in data collection

Advisory Panel on Knowledge Mobilization *Anna put forth the idea that in addition to academic papers an advisory panel gets struck to consider concrete contributions *Those not involved in data collection may be interested in developing knowledge mobilization ideas *Blye Frank suggested that this aspect of the grant could be turned into a KT grant. Core team is exploring these possibilities. *Please contact Anna if you are interested in any of the above

Open Access to Grant Data Policy *There was wide support for the draft policy on open access to grant data *issues were raised regarding accessing data for those not using Nvivo and paying for Nvivo licences *We will need to have broad based discussions around the details and operationalization of this policy *team members suggested this policy is an example of KT within the grant and may be an innovation worthy of further development. *Looking for concrete input on the living document. Will tweak as we go along. See snapshot for latest policy version.

Conference Submissions *The core team put in several conference submissions: *Poster: Dalhousie Division of Medical Education conference for March 2013 *Poster: Dalhousie Centre for Learning & Teaching - May 2013 *2 Short communication pieces: 1. overview of study ; 2. open access to grant data model for AMEE - Association for Medical Education in Europe, Fall 2013.

June 26th 2013 Textual Analysis Seminar- Video & Brief Notes

Wed June 26th Brief Notes on Textual Analysis Seminar *Anna presented brief overview of Grant progress: *3 projects underway *Anna will move sociomaterial paper forward and will be in touch. Textual Analysis Overview * Review of research questions * What is ethnography, what is ANT *Discussion of resource list *Overview of the texts / videos to review -categorized as internal to Faculty of Medicine, Dalhousie and external * Everyone to look over list of texts and provide other ones if interested. * Overview of the textual analysis tool (form) * Suggestions of thinking about how to think of texts and how to fill out the template *Emma suggested that perhaps break down some of the questions in the template. *Anna suggested that when doing the analysis and filling out the template be MORE wordy and unpack your observations and analyses. We are building a rich picture of our research topic. *Be reflexive as you are thinking about the texts. Overview of next steps and next meetings. Questions *Issues around keeping the identity of researchers confidential. Even with codes it may become apparent who is who. *Confidentiality issue is complicated - what if researchers want to discuss analysis with others - how would they know who is who. It suppresses the subjective. UPDATE: **No code names will be used**

GoToMeeting Recording of textual Analysis Seminar (audio only until the seminar with slides start), http://dl.dropbox.com/u/290753/MEdEd%20Digital_%20Textual%20Analysis%20Seminar%202013-06-26.mov

July 11th 2013 (see Textual Analysis)

August 9th 2013 (see Observation)

November 1st 2013

Video & Audio of meeting, http://bit.ly/HKYsFL

Textual Analysis

Textual Analysis Template

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/290753/Textual_Analysis_Template_Final_July4_2013.docx

Grant Resource Document includes: what is actor-network theory, institutional ethnography etc

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/290753/MedEdDigital_Resource_List_Master_August2013.pdf

Meeting 1: June 26th 2013 - Textual Analysis (Anna, Olga, Jonathan, Emma, Cathy, Keith) - see recording here--->

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/290753/MEdEd%20Digital_%20Textual%20Analysis%20Seminar%202013-06-26.mov

Meeting 2: July 11th 2013 on Textual Analysis Practicing Session (Fiona, Joan, Cathy, Karen, Jonathan, Gregory, Anna, Olga) see/hear recording here --->

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/290753/SSHRC_Grant_%20Textual_Analysis_Practice_Session_2013-07-11.mov

Observation

Grant Resource Document includes: what is actor-network theory, institutional ethnography etc

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/290753/MedEdDigital_Resource_List_Master_August2013.pdf

Meeting 1: August 9th 2013

Recording of Meeting -Observation, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/290753/SSHRC%20MedEd%20Mtg%20on%20Observation%202013-08-09.mov

Observation Template, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/290753/Observations_Template_2Aug2013.docx

Sample filled out template, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/290753/Observations_MacLeod%20&%20Kits_May%2023,%202013_Control%20Room.pdf

Meeting 2: November 1 10 AM AST

Resources

Grant Resource Document includes: what is actor-network theory, institutional ethnography etc

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/290753/MedEdDigital_Resource_List_Master_August2013.pdf

2014 Meetings

February 6th 2014 - agenda/slides/audio

http://bit.ly/1d2RlVb

Agenda: Phase 2 discussion Community Observation Preliminary Coding Phase I Updates on presentations and ongoing papers

May 14th Mtg: Coding Audio/slides/brief notes

Recording/slides/discussion, http://bit.ly/1jv6jlf

Brief Highlights, *Purpose of meeting was to generate coding insights from grant members. Open discussion based on complete set of observational data phase 1 provided several weeks in advance. *Tara thinks its useful to have both GT and ANT analytical approaches. *Anna to connect with Tara on ANT analytical approach to coding. *Jonathan and Shelley to share their draft coding structures. Each interrogated the observations based on grant research questions (practical approach). *Consensus is that having independently coded insights can provide a rich juxtaposition. *Tara suggested that some decisions need to be made sooner or later re generating findings. Do we hone in on some codes or a more open approach? *Olga will bundle texts and photos and make them available to anyone from the grant.

2015 Meeting