What's New In Ableton Live 9.1
by Mark Mosher
by Mark Mosher
0.0 stars - 0 reviews
range from 0 to 5
Updated manuals, lessons,
info texts and translations.
Dual Monitor Support
Session View and Arrangement View
Use one monitor for tweaking effects
parameters and another monitor for editing a
3. Note range is displayed when you use "Octave
Up" "Octave Down" buttons (Undocumented
4. Updated firmware to version 1.13.
5. Push's display now indicates automated
parameters, as well as overridden
6. Step Sequencer mode is now also available for
Drum Racks that are nested inside Instrument
7. Less force is required to set steps in the
step sequencers and loops in the loop
8. Improved behavior and color scheme
for the loop selector in step
9. Auto-follow mode is now disabled when
creating new clips by setting the first step in the
10. When navigating between different clips, Push now
remembers which “page” of a step sequencer was
selected in each clip and returns to it when reselecting a
11. When holding down a step in a step sequencer, you can edit
the length of MIDI notes in steps (coarse) and in percent (fine).
The length of the edited note is also reflected on the button
12. You can delete all notes on the same pitch within the current
loop by holding down the delete button and then pressing the
respective pad. This works in Note mode and also for playable
13. The "Fixed Length" setting is now respected
when creating a new clip by adding steps to an
(empty) step sequencer.
14. When enabling 'Scales' mode, you can use the
first encoder to scroll through the available
15. Push's display now shows a short
message when using the Undo / Redo
16. The second footswitch input now allows to
control clip recording: A single tap triggers
Push's record button. A double-tap triggers
Push's "New" button.
17. Clips inside group tracks would not be
indicated on the button grid when using
18. When creating a new clip while Push is in
Session mode, any update to that clip's color
was not reflected on Push.
19. The playhead could sometimes skip
the first step when auto-follow was
20. The playhead would sometimes be stuck for a
short time or skip beats when changing the
step sequencer's resolution.
21. If a clip's start marker was set to a negative
time, e.g. -2.1.1, it wasn't possible to move the
loop length into a negative time range.
22. Audio or MIDI tracks (with their MIDI input set to
something other than Push) would be disarmed when
selecting Tracks via Push, regardless of the Exclusive
23. Live could crash when overdubbing
automation on a Return track using
24. Live could crash when remapping a Max for
Live device whilst touching / releasing an
encoder on Push.
Checkout my other maps and sites
Audio Quality, Rendering, and
1. Better quality audio when exporting
from higher to lower sample rates -
for instance, going from 96kHz to
2. When exporting audio files from Live with the option "Create
Analysis File" enabled, Live will now save warp markers with the
.asd file, so that information about the original tempo and tempo
changes are correctly reused when re-importing the audio file into
Live later on.
3. Rendering now uses multiple cores,
which can result in much faster
4. The 'Export Audio / Video' export
dialog has been improved.
It shows the same options whether
launched from Session or Arrangement
Some of the export settings have
been regrouped to provide a better
"All Tracks" has been renamed to
"Individual Tracks" in the "Rendered Track"
The export dialog now shows
information about the source and target
5. The audio buffer size is now restricted to power-of-two values. Windows users
should note that not all ASIO drivers support this and may still allow to use non
power-of-two values. This can lead to a higher CPU load and higher latencies.
Ableton recommends to always use power-of-two buffer sizes, i.e. 64, 128,
256, 512,... samples.
Open / Close Sets
1. The "Open Recent Sets" menu now has a
"Clear List" and "Remove Unavailable Sets"
2. The menu item "Close Live Set" has been renamed to
"Close Window". It will now close any secondary window
that is open. If no secondary window is open, it does
1. Optimised default presets for Auto Filter, EQ
Eight, Saturator, Tension, Simpler, Sampler,
Analog, Operator, Electric.
2. Added 10 new Simpler presets
to the Core Library.
Minor improvements for usage
When creating a new track by dragging an instrument to the
clip/device drop area, Live would keep the last selected clip
stand-by-selected. Now it moves the selection to the clip slot
that matches the Session View's crosshair.