Some verbs are followed by either -ing or the infinitive and they still have same or very similar meaning: hate like love prefer begin continue Examples: Our company continued having possitive results in last 3 months. Our company continued to have possitive results in last 3 months.
Some expressions which are followed by the -ing form of verbs: It’s a waste of time/money ... There’s no point (in) ... It’s no use ... It’s (not) worth ...
avoid, dislike, enjoy, finish, give up, mind, I finished programming a day ago.
I look forward to working in your company.
Programming is not good for our eyes.
1.forget, learn, help, train, teach, I forgot to save that file.
2. expect, hope, need, choose, offer, want, You need to install a special application to help protect your data.
3. agree, pretend, encourage, recommend, promise, I recommend you to use this OS.
4. allow, decide,manage, mean, refuse, can afford, We can't decide which application to use.
1. too+adjective, The computer was too slow to update that database.
2. adjective+enough, We were good enough to persuade them to buy a computer.