Emirates Hills (Arabic: تلال الإمارات) is a gated community located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It has been named after Beverly Hills. Emirates Hills is largely home to the expatriate community of Dubai, as it consists of the first freehold properties to be sold in the city. While the project was classified as freehold and open to anyone to purchase, the majority of owners hail from the Indian subcontinent, Iran and Western Europe. Although the developer, Emaar Properties, pioneered the idea of freehold property in Dubai, this is Emaar's only project where land was sold per square foot to individuals to build the house of their choice. Over time, all the plots were sold. Some of the residents included the late Benazir Bhutto (although her family still lives there), the manager of Géant Middle East (Mohammad Shaikh), and the owners of the Middle East Broadcasting Center and Habib Bank. Emirates Hills properties look out over the fairways of the Montgomerie, an 18-hole...
1. Mindset of today's society - 'single and ready to mingle'
2. Media influence - having more than one partner is no longer portrayed as a sin
3. People do not look at the issue from the angle of it being an affair, but simply being loving and open-minded. The boundary of the mindset is now widened.
4. Women are more independent now so they are able to depend on themselves and hence, would'nt mind the idea of divorcing or even remarrying, Isn't it still social stigma to a divorcee if you're female?
5. Men are not afraid of getting another one as divorce is seen as okay for men but not for women, so women put at disadvantage, suffer in silence, The grammar is quite atrocious. Please get this corrected.
1. Ease, accessibility and convenience of getting another one (eg: Vietnamese brides)
2. Technology makes it more easy to keep affairs secret, But it also makes it easier to find out about people's affairs. E.G the wife who discovered her husband was having a affair by checking his facebook profile
3. Technology has made pairing up of individuals who are going for 'more than one' easier. For example, The Ashley Madison Agency, a dating Web site for married men and women, which claims 4.5 million members and greets visitors with the motto, "Life is short. Have an affair."
1. Polygamy (based on religion, culture, etc). An example is Prophet Muhammad., Consider giving a more subtle example.
2. The start of one party deciding to go for ‘more than one’ made the other party give up on ‘staying to one’ as well, resulting in the dream of one partner for life becoming something unrealistic.
1. More mates = more babies = more labour = increase in productivity
Up till today, bring married is a legal responsibility and hence, all are bonded by law.
Yes, it is one of the basic to starting a family. One must settle down with an opposite party and not fool around for life., Basic what? And this point doesn't say much. Why MUST one settle down?
It is a status, a relationship that is fulfilling. No matter how people try to spice up their life by getting involved with more than one person, in the end they would discover what they really want is to fall in love with one another and stay together forever, Evidence Please
Some religions prohibit polygamy
The love, faith and trust is much deeper in monogamy relationships as compared to polygamy relationships, Substantiate this claim
1. Financial burden if divorce - alimony
2. It is easy for arguments or disputes to arise among the partners of same sex. (e.g 2 wives may have dispute over each other). This can lead to additional family problems.
An individual will not be able to solve every problem by him/herself. It is necessary to always have external support in the form of aid or encouragement, and that would come most often from the partner for life., In this case wouldn't having more partners be more beneficial as you have more perspectives?
Social pressure on people who want to have more than one.
Easier communication of one husband and one wife compared to many people at the same time. Lesser communication problems.