1. Introduction: SK started as a modest textile mill in a rural area of Korea. * Additional: It is popular to think of globalization as a natural and inevitable product of technological advancement. But the experience of highly liberal and integrated market across much of the world during the late 19th century and the early 20th century suggests that globalization is not just a technologically determined phenomenon. It is a consequence of policies that promote cross-border flows of goods and services, finance, people, ideas and information.
2. SK has contributed to the advancement of Korea In mid 1980s, SK foresaw ten years into the future and penetrated the IT industry
3. in 1996, SK successfully commercialized the CDMA technology (Code division multiple access (CDMA) is a channel access method utilized by various radio communication technologies such as GPS and mobile phone, putting Korea in the ranks of nations with most powerful IT industries.
4. By the year 2000, SK invested in new projects focusing on wireless Internet technology to lead the digital convergence era.
5. Their filosofy: serve as the business gateway entrance to global partners for our parent company.
6. Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA) is a third-generation mobile communications service designed to offer high-quality video telephony and high-speed data use.