Mind mapping enables you to learn faster, take better notes and brainstorm more effectively. Whether you’re writing a paper or working on a group project - mind mapping will help you save tremendous amounts of time!
Share your maps with groups of students or whole classrooms at once. Brainstorm and collaborate on maps in real-time. Comment and vote on ideas or discuss them in the integrated chat.
MindMeister runs in any standard web-browser, on Chromebooks, iOS and Android devices. Students can work on their maps from home, school and even on the go to seamlessly link their classroom and homework activities.
Mind Mapping for Education
Students and teachers can utilize this simple and effective method both inside the classroom and at home. Here are four of the most important uses of mind mapping in education:
Take Better Notes
Engage & Collaborate
Research & Write
Write less. Retain more.
- Take more efficient notes in class
- Visualize hierarchies and connections between topics
- Use mental triggers to retain information more easily
- Add notes, links, attachments, images and videos to topics
- Search and filter your maps for quick revision
Create discussion templates, work on group projects and more.
- Exchange information and ideas
- Work simultaneously on the same mind map
- Infinitely undo all changes
- See who contributed what and when
- Make studying fun!
- Learn more
Outline essays and scientific papers
- Collect notes, links and documents
- Evaluate and comprehend information
- Stimulate the logical flow of the thought process
- Simplify complex topics
- Develop and outline an essay structure
- Export to Microsoft Office or Google Drive
Visualize and communicate complex information
- Turn maps into dynamic presentations within seconds
- Show the ‘big picture’ as well as details
- Zoom and pan to relevant areas of your choice
- Add notes and links to the slideshows
- Embed presentations in blogs and websites
Benefits of Mind Mapping for Students
Online mind mapping is a simple yet powerful tool that can greatly benefit students of all ages. The best part? With MindMeister, studying doesn’t even feel like work!
Improved Memory & Recall
Mind maps are full of mental triggers that help your brain comprehend and store concepts more easily. You’ll take less notes, need fewer revisions and still retain more facts than you would with linear notes!
Free Flow of Ideas
Because you mostly use keywords, images and short phrases in mind maps, you can jot down thoughts a lot faster than usual. This free flow of ideas will help you brainstorm creative writing assignments and solve brainteasers.
Mind maps can store and structure vast amounts of information. They display hierarchy, show relationships between single topics and enable you to see the “big picture” at a glance. This also makes them ideal for summarizing texts.
Cloud-based mind mapping helps foster collaboration between students and allows for a more efficient communication between teachers and students. Even the most complex problem is quickly visualized and explained with a map!
Thousands of teachers and students all over the world use MindMeister to raise student achievement. Get inspired by their success stories and find out how you too can get ahead!
Danny uses MindMeister to organize his reading comprehension assignments. With it, he is improved his grades from F to B.Read full story
Donna Nicholson Arnott
MindMeister helps Donna to process large amounts of information and continue climbing up the academic tree despite her learning difficulty.Read full story
High School Teacher
Anthony Valentin uses MindMeister to engage students, foster critical thinking in the classroom and improve test scores.Read full story
Part Time Scientists
The Part Time Scientists use MindMeister to bring everyone in their dispersed team onto the same page, share data and eliminate duplicate work.Read full story
International School of Geneva
The International School of Geneva has added MindMeister to their Google Apps suite to improve students' learning experience.Read full story
British International School of New York
The British International School of New York uses MindMeister and Google Apps to aid with formative assessments in advance of end-of-year exams.Read full story
The United World College in South East Asia fulfills its learning principles with the help of MindMeister and Google Apps for Education.Read full story
Features and Pricing
MindMeister offers substantial discounts for teachers and students. Compare MindMeister’s various educational plans to find out which one is exactly right for you.
For schools and universities (20+ users)
per user 6 months
Edu Campus includes
Everything in Edu Pro, and:
- Create groups within the team & share with groups
- Compliance exports and backups of mind maps
- Create a custom login domain
- Multiple license admins
- 24x7 priority support
For top-notch mind mapping, alone or in teams
per user 6 months
Edu Pro includes
Everything in Edu Personal, and:
- Multi-user licensing
- Export to .docx and .pptx
- Custom map themes for the whole team
- Google Apps for Domains sign-on
- Save custom topic styles
- Get statistics and reports
For individuals and use in personal projects
Edu Personal includes
Everything in Basic, and:
- Unlimited Mind Maps
- Upload files and images
- Export to Freemind, MindManager, XMind
- Add task feeds to your calendar
- Priority support
Up to 3 mind maps. Share. Collaborate. Import.
Mind mapping with:
- Up to 3 mind maps
- Real-time collaboration
- Community support